When I am making my bed, the first thing I think of is Tom Waits’ quote “The way you do anything is the way you do everything”.
If I’m about to give up on my last set of crunches, I think of David Goggins’ story.
In times of uncertainty, or if I’m in need of a little inspiration to go after my goals, I think of Jim Carrey’s story.
These are people/quotes that help me strive for a life that I know I am capable of. On a bad day, when there is no one around me for encouragement, or no one is saying want I want to hear.. I have my own resources to fall back onto. You should never have to look to anyone else for happiness. I want to share with you the biggest keys to finding your own inspiration.
If you’re someone who feels like you’re surrounded with negativity, or if you need the motivation to succeed when you feel like you’re failing, try one of these tactics.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.”Albert Einstein
Biographies are so inspiring. Learning about how people deal with pain and hardship can inspire you on how to overcome your own battles.
Humans are very interesting in that we all feel and think differently, and a biography allows you to get inside someone’s head per se, you get to think as they do for the duration of the book.
Sometimes the same thought processes stick with you even after finishing, and you apply it through all areas of your life. You get to live through experiences that you didn’t have to go through, leaving you stronger, thicker skinned.
What type of book should you choose?
- Read a biography about someone who already inspires you. This will allow you to adapt their thinking strategies, and motivate you to also overcome your trials.
- Fictional books are going to be a bit more creative and will take your imagination on wild adventures. Fictional books also have benefits in the way you strategically move through life, you start looking at situations with a different perspective, sometimes through the eyes of a character you read. You also may become more apathetic towards others, creating light out of a difficult situation.
- Self-help books are surprisingly amazing, no matter how cringy it may come across. Self-help books are excellent resources for creating a better mental space for yourself. They are filled with motivational quotes and the author usually would incorporate their life experiences within it.
*Most books are now found on audible (if you’re not much of a reader)!
Here are a few I’ve listened to/read [fiction and nonfiction] that I’ve loved:
- Born A Crime – Trevor Noah
- The Alchemist – Paulo Coelho
- Girl, Wash Your Face – Rachel Hollis
- Can’t Hurt Me – David Goggins
- Mom & Me & Mom – Maya Angelou
- You Are a Badass, How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life – Jen Sincero
****I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.****
Devotionals and Inspirational Calendars
Devotionals and calendars are also an excellent way to start your day with positivity.
With devotionals, read it as soon as you’ve woken up, utilize the silent time to just take in as much positivity as you can, and even take some extra time to absorb what you’ve read.
Most people already own a calendar, so why not invest in an inspirational one? Choose one that fits your aesthetic, and there are so many kinds (e.g Biblical based, famous quotes, girly, masculine).
It’s really the little things that make a difference in your life.
This week I’ve been sharing quotes from Joel and Victoria Osteen’s Devotional “Wake Up With Hope”, which I would highly recommend!
YouTube Download – Motivational Speeches
Have a few videos downloaded to keep them on rotation as you’re driving on the way to work and you’re not in the mood to listen to music/ need a quick “mood pick me up”.
My favorite type of motivational videos usually come from Will Smith, Lisa Nichols, Tom Bilyeu, and Graduation Speeches.
Here are a few of my go-to’s to spark some inspiration:
If you are new to the podcast world, here is one in particular that I know of and have really enjoyed!
Surround yourself with people who care about the same things as you, and who are reaching for the same end goal. Follow people on Instagram who also share quality content that leaves you inspired. I follow people who post things I love, and who are creating a beautiful life for themselves.
Seeing people continuously building on their empire encourages me so much. I’m quite picky when it comes to style and art preference, but watching people grind, that’s a universal language. On the other hand, if their content isn’t what I like…I unfollow or simply hide their content from my feed.
You don’t have to justify protecting your energy.HeadFirstGirl
*Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission.
“We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.“